Please note: Our online directory is temporarily unavailable due to technical issues. We expect to have this resolved very shortly. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
The Faith in Later Life Directory identifies many services and activities which are being provided across the UK for those in later life. There is a huge variety both in terms of what is provided and who is doing the providing. Do let us know what your church or Christian organisation is doing by completing the form at the bottom of this page.
The aims of the Directory are:
- To help older people find an activity where they can enjoy fellowship
- To inspire others to start a ‘seniors’ ministry
- To help those considering starting a ministry to see what is being provided in their community
- To be a source of ideas by showing what is being done both locally and around the country
- To assist individual Christians who are seeking to be involved with ‘seniors’ ministry
- To create a community of those involved in ‘seniors’ ministry which can be of mutual help, generate ‘best practice’ and develop (and promote) specific models of ministry for use around the country.
How to use the Directory
Simply enter a postcode or town / city in the 'Search Location' box and then the map will centre on that location and will return information in the right-hand panel in order of distance to that location. You can change the distance setting to include a radius of 10, 20 or 30 miles once you have specified a location.
Clicking on a marker on the map will bring up the details of that directory entry. You can use either the pop-up panel, or the entry in the right-hand column to see further details such as address, website and to get directions.
For full details please click through to their website.
The services and activities listed on this Directory have been sourced from publicly available data (some organisations have added a brief description of the service). A link to each website is included, which was active when each entry was included on the Directory. Faith in Later Life has checked the data on input but not the service/activity.
The Directory is merely a facility for churches, and Christian organisations, to provide details of their ‘seniors’ ministry on the Faith in Later Life website. Entry does not necessarily indicate a Faith in Later Life ‘endorsement’ – it is simply a Directory on which every “Activity” can be listed.
Adding a service / activity
If you are involved with, or know of, any further services or activities with those in later life that is not included in the directory, please add it as an encouragement for others, using the form below.