We are so excited to be running our Christmas Postcard Project for the second year running!
We wanted to provide a few suggestions as to how the Christmas postcards could be used. This is in no way an exhaustive list, so do let us know any other ideas you have to make the most of this resource.
Firstly we really want to encourage you to pray over the cards and for the people that you will be sending them to. Never underestimate what God can do with a simple message in a card. It can bring hope, peace, joy and even draw people to salvation.
Let’s pray that these will really make a difference in the lives of those we send them to. Here are some of the ways that we think you could use the cards and people you could send them out to.
- You can give them to residents in care homes. Are there homes in your area that a you have a relationship with or would like to start a relationship with? These simple cards could be an easy way to hello, or bless the residents.
- You can give them to staff and workers at care homes. We know how much these people do for their residents and so often this is not acknowledged. Hopefully the cards could be a small blessing to thank them.
- You can use them as personal invitations to events that you may be holding around Christmas time.
- You drop them into people’s doors locally as a Christmas blessing from the local church.
- You can send them in the post to people connected to the church. This is a great way to stay connected to those part of your church groups and especially those that may not yet have returned to in person gatherings.
- You could include them with gifts or hampers for those that you are working with.
- You could include them with other evangelistic materials or newsletters around the church
and the community.
- You could send a card to an older person along with a blank card and then encourage them to use the blank card to bless someone that has gone above and beyond for them in the last year. In this way we can model being blessed to be a blessing.
However you use them we hope and pray that they will a blessing to you, your ministry, those you are serving and your wider community. To order your postcards, visit www.faithinlaterlife.org/christmas.